Moving from Livingston to Montclair? Need help with your move? Want to move like a pro? Your wish is our command. Our best movers NJ are here to make your wish come true. With our moving services and professional tips, your relocation will be the smoothest, safest, and fastest possible. Check out our ultimate guide on a professional move and enjoy your relocation. Why settle for less when you can have a successful and stress-free move with Van Express? Relocate like a pro with some of the best movers in Livingston or Montclair.
Moving from Livingston to Montclair: What to expect?
You’ve made an excellent choice of moving to Montclair since it is s city of great life and work opportunities. Even though Montclair has a smaller number of residents in comparison to other NJ cities (the population is about 40,000), don’t let this trick you. There are many reasons to move here. You can expect a thriving job market (the unemployment rate is about 2%), excellent education opportunities for your children, and the opportunity to balance your personal life and career. Montclair has excellent public transportation as well as a plethora of outdoor options. And if you haven’t moved to Montclair yet, search for one of the best movers Livingston NJ has to offer and ensure a smooth move.
How to prepare for the move
Moving from Livingston to Montclair requires detailed planning and organizing, even though the distance is not far. Don’t know how to prepare? Read these tips from professional movers Montclair NJ and move like a pro:
- Plan your moving budget: Request different moving quotes and compare them before hiring a suitable moving company. Plan the budget according to the estimate.
- Schedule your move: Be strategic. Decide what is the best time to move and try to calculate how much time you need to pack up. The inventory list can help you with that.
- Make a moving timeline: Plan each moving step day by day, week by week.
- Obtain the necessary packing materials: After you make an inventory list, decide what packing supplies to use.
- Make a packing plan: Pack non-essential items first. Then, pack up your bag of essentials to avoid mess after the move.
- Make a moving truck floor plan: After you’ve measured your furniture and boxes, decide upon the moving truck size and make a floor plan. Or, leave this to professional movers if you want your things to be packed like a puzzle.
Deal with paperwork: Cancel your utilities and move the bills to your address.
Moving from Livingston to Montclair: how to pack
Packing is one of the most daunting processes no matter the complexity and the distance of your move. You may find yourself in a situation where you don’t know where to start. Luckily, we have the right for you. Packing is all about organization. So, start from there. How to organize? It’s simple. Pack room by room (start from one of your highest priorities, preferably from the utility room since it is the most daunting and time-consuming to pack up). Deal with little things first. Pack up the glassware into foam bags or bubble wrap. Don’t forget to use dividers between glasses and packing paper between plates. Label the boxes with ‘fragile’ and ‘handle with care”.
Then move on to the electronics. Try to find original boxes. If not, ask your movers to provide you with some. Use thin foam layers for screen protection. When it comes to the books, don’t overweight the boxes and secure the bottom of the box. Then, move on to closets. Pack your clothes into wardrobe boxes with hanging bars, or just use your drawers as containers. However, secure the drawers from opening. Last but not least, pack your furniture. The best thing is to disassemble it. It will save you space in the moving truck and ensure better safety. By the way, ask your movers to help you choose the right packing supplies.
Declutter your belongings
Moving is the best time to get rid of the things you don’t use but were reluctant to give up. Now’s the time time to purge away all the items you won’t need anymore. Use the inventory list to help you. There are several ways to declutter:
- Give away: This is the noblest thing you can do. Give the items to those in need, especially the food you won’t move. You can also give them to your friends or family.
- Organize a garage sale: This is a very popular thing to do. You declutter and gain some money.
- Give the items on auction: If some valuable things do not fit into your new home, sell them at auctions.
- Throw away the things which are not useful anymore.
- Use storage: In case you don’t want to give away or sell your belongings and don’t have enough space in your new home, consider using storage services. Luckily, you don’t have to search for one, Van Express, one of the best moving companies in Essex County NJ, will provide you with suitable storage.
Contact us today and move like a pro
Moving from Livingston to Montclair has never been easier. With Van Express, our top-notch moving services, and professional tips, your relocation will be almost perfect. Our movers Livingston will make your move a seamless experience with no stress. You’ll even get to enjoy the whole process. So, don’t wait for too long. Contact us today, get your free moving estimate and schedule your move. You can be sure that your belongings are in safe hands since our moving professionals will treat them as if they were their own. Nothing can miss our sharp eyes, so don’t worry, and rest assured knowing that your relocation will be smooth, safe, and worry-free. Enjoy the move to Montclair.