Household relocation is notorious for being too challenging and unpredictable. But, the good news is that you can change this by learning about moving mistakes and how to avoid them. And, speaking of moving mistakes, did you know that one of the most common mistakes people make is not labeling their boxes? Labeling is what will help you pack and unpack hassle-free! Since this is such an important matter, we have written a guide on how to label moving boxes like a pro! Keep in mind that even if you get packing services NJ and put pros in charge of packing, you will still need to know a couple of things about labeling the right way.
So, to keep the problems away during your move, make sure to keep reading! In no time, you will learn how to label the way our Morris County moving experts do it!
The importance of labeling moving boxes
Everybody knows that packing is one of the most important parts of every relocation. This because there are so many things on which you need to pay attention during packing! Just one little packing mistake could lead to a moving disaster! Of course, you can avoid all of this hassle by hiring some of the best movers NJ and by putting them in charge of this challenging task. But, in case you decide to move on your own, or avoid getting a packing service, you will need to master the process of packing before the big day arrives.
When it comes to packing, everybody rushes to learning how to pack fragile items, how to prepare bulky items for the move, and which packing supplies to use. Even though this is something that needs to be mastered by everyone who intends to move, there is one more thing you will have to learn – labeling! Here is why:
- Labeling makes both packing and unpacking much easier.
- With the help of labels, your local or long-distance movers will know where to place each of your moving boxes.
- In case you need to find something in a hurry, you will know in which box you will find that item.
- After labeling all of your boxes that contain fragile items, your movers will know that these boxes need to be handled with extra care.
How to label like a pro?
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should label moving boxes. And, the good thing is that there are no rules when it comes to labeling! You can use different methods, play with colors or stickers. You can even put your kids in charge of this task if they are old enough! To make this task simpler, we have written a couple of tips that will help you label like a pro.
- Decide which labeling method you are going to use so that you can gather these materials in advance. You can use markers of different colors, pre-made labels, colored tape, or the labels your kids have made. You can even create labels in Microsoft Word!
- Use a color code labeling system. Assign one color to each of your rooms and then write labels (or stick the tape) in that color.
- Label at least four sides of your boxes. By doing this, you will be able to see the labels even when the boxes are stacked.
- Decide how you are going to label moving boxes that contain fragile items. These boxes need to stand out!